The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) PhD Program for the academic year 2023-2024 is granting 32 PhD fellowships to international students. These fellowships are available in various fields including Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science, Urban Studies, and Regional Science. Successful applicants will receive a scholarship that covers the cost of tuition fees, provides accommodation, and includes free meal vouchers.
The PhD Program offered by the Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) provides 31 fellowships to international students in a range of disciplines, including Astroparticle Physics, Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences, Computer Science, Urban Studies, and Regional Science.
The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) is a renowned international institution that functions as both a Ph.D. school and a research center, focusing on the fields of Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Social Sciences. It was originally established in L’Aquila, Italy, in 2012 as the Center for Advanced Studies under the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN). Later, in March 2016, it was officially recognized as a School of Advanced Studies, offering post-graduate education in these disciplines.
Here are the details of the PhD program offered by the Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) in Italy:
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution: Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI)
- Study in: Italy
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Astroparticle Physics
- Mathematics in Natural, Social and Life Sciences
- Computer Science
- Regional Science and Economic Geography (For more information, click here)
- Program Period: Four years
The Gran Sasso Science Institute (GSSI) offers the following benefits to PhD students:
- Free accommodation at the guest house during the first year, followed by a financial substitute of 350,00 Euros gross/month. The monthly contribution will be provided upon submission of a rental agreement in L’Aquila.
- Free luncheon vouchers, with one voucher per working day (except school closures, missions, and other situations specified by GSSI rules).
- Waived tuition fees for all PhD students.
- Insurance coverage for PhD students against any accidents or injuries that may occur during their PhD activities.
- A contribution of up to 1.200,00 euros (net) for the purchase of a laptop dedicated to study and research purposes. The contribution will be disbursed upon submission of the fiscal receipt in the applicant’s name.
To be eligible for the Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: English. Proficiency in English is mandatory.
- Eligible Countries: Open to candidates from all countries worldwide.
- Applications are accepted from individuals holding one of the following degrees:
- “Laurea Magistrale” or “Laurea Specialistica” (Master’s degree) or a four or five-year degree from an Italian university.
- A foreign university degree with a minimum duration of four years, as determined by the Selection Committee.
- The eligibility of foreign degrees will be evaluated by the Selection Committee.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their degree certificate to [email protected].
How to Apply:
To apply for the Gran Sasso Science Institute PhD Program, please follow these application instructions:
- Fill out the application form.
- Upload the following documents:
- Copy of the University degree certificate.
- Academic transcript, which includes a list of courses attended at the University with grades.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Copy of a valid and signed Identity Document (ID) with a date.
- Additional documents may be required depending on the chosen PhD program, such as a motivational letter.
- If you are accepted, you will proceed to the second phase, which is the interview stage.
The last date for this application is June 01, 2023.