The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) of Italy offers scholarships to promote cultural, scientific, and technological collaboration, Italian language and culture, and the country’s economic growth globally. The scholarship is available for foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the academic year 2023-24. The program aims to provide financial support to students interested in studying in Italy, and scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. The selection criteria include academic merit, financial need, personal motivation, and proficiency in the Italian language. The MAECI provides a limited number of scholarships each year, and preference will be given to first-time applicants.
The program was established to increase the number of foreign students studying in Italy, and scholarships are offered for three, six, or nine months depending on the type of course at a university or higher education institution. Candidates are selected based on merit, and those with demonstrated financial need are given priority. The program has been successful in attracting a diverse group of students from around the world and has helped promote international cooperation and understanding.
The Italian Government Scholarship Program 2023-24 is now accepting applications from international students interested in pursuing higher education in Italy. Scholarships are granted for the first year of study and are renewable based on satisfactory academic performance. The scholarship program is open for four study schemes: Master’s Degree, Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM), Ph.D. program, and Research under academic supervision. Italy is renowned for its exceptional higher education, with a rich academic history dating back to the Italian Renaissance. The country houses some of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities, including the University of Bologna, the University of Padua, and the University of Florence. With its world-class education and breathtaking landscapes, Italy is an excellent destination for international students seeking to advance their academic pursuits.
- Italy is the host country for the scholarship program.
- The scholarship program is available for Masters/PhD level studies.
- Italian Higher Education Institutes are the eligible institutions for the scholarship.
- The program duration varies from three, six, or nine months based on the type of course.
Benefits of Scholarship:
- Tuition and enrollment fees are waived for scholarship recipients, but this may vary by university policy.
- Health and medical/accident insurance will be provided by MAECI for the entire duration of the grant.
- Scholarship recipients will receive a monthly allowance of 900 Euros, provided quarterly.
- The student scholarship allowance will be directly deposited into the student’s Italian bank account.
- The scholarship for the Master’s Degree program is awarded to applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in their respective country.
- To apply for a scholarship for one of the Italian AFAM courses, applicants must meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by the respective university/institute.
- Applicants who wish to pursue a Ph.D. degree in Italy must meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by their preferred Italian institution.
- Candidates for Master’s Degree, AFAM Program, or Italian language and culture course scholarships must be no older than 28 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. program must not be older than 30 years of age at the time of application.
- Students interested in conducting research under the guidance of an academic supervisor should be under the age of 40.
- Applicants who wish to enroll in courses taught in English must provide a language proficiency certificate demonstrating proficiency in the English language.
- Applicants who wish to enroll in Italian-taught courses must submit a certificate of proficiency in the Italian language.
The deadline for submitting applications to the Italy Government Scholarship Program for Foreign Citizens is June 9, 2023.
How to Apply:
- Applicants are required to apply for the scholarship online via the official website.
- Before applying, applicants must register and create an account on the website by clicking on the provided link here.
- After registering, applicants must fill out the online application form.
- Applicants must ensure that they provide all the necessary documents along with their application.