Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP):
The WBG YPP is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. Young Professionals are recruited from around the world with various academic and professional backgrounds relevant to the World Bank, IFC and MIGA. We are looking for applicants who demonstrate a passion for international development, graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across our institutions.
Graduates (Masters Degree)/PhD
Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP).
Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
Young Professionals are recruited from around the world, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries and countries of operations. We welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Compensation and Benefits:
The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
Key Program Features:
- Professional Experience
- Leadership Development
- Training on WBG Policies, Products and Operations
- Global Rotations across WBG
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Networking Events
- Management-supported rotations & job placements
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level.
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
Before applying, ensure that you meet all eligibility requirements and have reviewed the application checklist (link below), for required material. Applications must be completed in one 90-minute session (it is not possible to save and continue later) by 11:59 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) on the last day of the application period. On the application, candidates must select the institution that they believe best aligns with their skillset (the World Bank, IFC or MIGA). Duplicate applications will not be reviewed and will not increase one’s chances of selection.
Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 16 – September 20 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.