International students encouraged to apply for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program in the United States of America for the 2022/23 academic session made possible by the support of the United States Department of State and Implemented by IREX.
The scholarship program aims at fostering economic growth, stability, and democratic development by equipping a network of youth with essential skills to lead positive change in their professional fields and communities. The scholarship provides opportunities for U.S. higher education institution to host international undergraduate students. This is because International students are known to bring wealth of ideas, knowledge, and experiences to host institutions. In addition to providing institutions with diverse perspectives, these students foster mutual understanding and respect, and help promote cultural exchange.
United States Department of State
Institutions in USA
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from student’s home city to host institution in the United States
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Room and board (housing and meals)
- A small allowance for incidentals
- A limited allowance for books
- A limited allowance for cultural enrichment activities
- Alumni networking opportunities
For the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an international student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Be admitted for the program at an eligible institution of higher learning in the United States of America.
- Be willing to perform at least 20 hours of community service in their host community during their first semester.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
Interested applicants for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program 2022 are to complete an online application and submit all application materials by the application deadline.
March 4, 2022